The main objective of Machine Design is to create new and better machine components to improve the existing one. A mechanical engineer should have thorough knowledge of design of machine elements to avoid the failure of machines or components.
- Design riveted joints, welded joints, sleeve and cotter joint and knuckle joint.
- Design eye bolts, cylinder cover studs.
- Design shafts, keys and couplings required for power transmission.
- Compare the different types of couplings.
- Design flat and V-belt for power transmission.
- Study the various types of bearings and their applications.
- Design journal bearings.
- Design spur gear used for power transmission.
- Design hand lever, foot lever and cranked lever.
Study of thermal power plant, turbines and condensers are required to know about the generation of electric power. The study about the Refrigeration and Air-conditioning are required. Automobile is one of the key areas of development in India facilitated by Multinational Companies. As Automobile is the Major sources of employing man power a thorough knowledge on Automobile Engine construction and its functioning is required with due consideration on pollution control.
- Explain the fundamental of thermal power plant and steam turbines and condensers..
- Explain the refrigeration and air conditioning.
- Explain the components of IC engines.
- Explain the performance tests on IC engines.
- Compare the modes of heat transfer and evaluate the heat transfer by various modes.
- Explain the cooling system and lubrication system of the IC engines.
- Explain the fuel feed system.
- Explain the transmission systems and power trains of automobile.
- Study about the Brake systems and electrical components
- Study the pollution and its standards.
- Teacher: Bhoobesh HOD
In the product manufacturing the process selection and planning are important. In this subject the work study, cost estimation and machining time calculations are discussed.
- Understand the process planning.
- Study the process selection.
- Understand the work study and method study.
- Study the cost estimation.
- Study the machining time calculations.
Electrical Energy requirement is the major crisis and hence any saving in Electrical energy is equivalent to production of Electrical Energy. Saving can be achieved by the utilization of Renewable Energy Sources.
- Study about the fundamentals of Energy.
- Study of construction and principle of Wind energy, Solar energy, Tidal energy and Bio energy.
- Understand the PV design and its components.
- Understand the energy management and auditing techniques.
- Study the energy conservation process.