Manufacturing of various parts start from the basic drawing of components. The assembly of components is also carried out from the drawing. So drawing is an important subject to be studied by the students to carry and complete the production and assembly process successfully.
- Appreciate the need for sectional view and types of sections.
- Draw sectional views using different types of sections.
- Explain the use of threaded fasteners and the types of threads.
- Compare hole basis system with shaft basis system.
- Select different types of fits and tolerance for various types of mating parts.
- Appreciate the importance of fits and tolerance.
Day by day, engineering and technology experience tremendous growth. Design plays a major role in developing engineering and technology. Strength of material is backbone for design. The strength of material deals generally with the behavior of objects, when they are subject to actions of forces. Evaluations derived from these basic fields provide the tools for investigation of mechanical structure.
- Define various Support reaction and equilibrium.
- Calculate the deformation of materials, which are subjected to axial load and shear.
- Determine the moment of Inertia of various sections used in industries.
- Estimate the stresses induced in thin shells.
- Draw the shear force and bending moment diagram of the beam for different loads.
Manufacturing, the major and the most important aspect in industries needs utmost care and attention. Knowledge about various processes and allied areas will be of great use to the personnel involved in production. This will provide the students an opportunity to skill themselves for the industrial scenario.
- Acquire Knowledge about types of pattern, casting, and moulding.
- Describe the various casting processes.
- Knowledge about various welding process and its working principle.
- Appreciate the safety practices used in welding.
- Acquire knowledge about various forming technologies.
- Knowledge about the lathe and its working parts.
- Describe the functioning of semi-automatic lathes.
- Study about the drilling process.
- Study about metrology and measuring instruments.