The introduction of this subject will enable the students to learn about the advancement in communication systems. It will give exposure to the various modes of communication viz Radar, Telephone, Fax, digital communication, digital codes, fiber optical communication, satellite communication, microwave communication, mobile communication and Satellite multiple access techniques.
- To understand principles of Radar.
- To understand principles of navigation aids.
- To study electronics exchange and principles of facsimile communication.
- To study basic digital communication system and digital codes.
- To learn error detection and correction codes.
- To learn various digital modulation techniques.
- To understand optical communication system and discuss about fiber nodes, configurations and losses.
- To learn optical sources, optical detectors.
- To discuss the application of fiber optic communication.
- To study satellite system, orbits, antennas
- To study about satellite services.
- To understand fundamentals of microwave communication
- To study fundamental cellular concepts such as frequency reuse, had off
- To learn multiple access techniques.
- To learn digital cellular systems – GSM.
The exponential growth of Engineering and Technology has benefited the mankind with extreme sophistication and comfort. To sustain this development, continuous research and development should take place not only in Engineering and Technology but also in Basic Science such as Physics. The various divisions of Physics like Optics, Acoustics, Dynamics, Semiconductor Physics, Surface Physics, Nuclear Physics, Energy Studies, Materials Science, etc provide the Foundation by enlightening the Fundamental facts, Principles, Laws and Correct sequence of events to develop the Engineering and Technology field for the prosperity of human beings.
On completion of the following units of syllabus contents, the students must be able to
- Explain Architecture of 8051 Microcontroller.
- Explain the functions of various registers.
- Understand interrupt structure of 8051.
- Understand serial data communication concepts.
- Understand the programming techniques.
- Explain various addressing modes.
- Write simple programs using 8051.
- Understand the block diagram and control word formats for peripheral devices.
- Understand how to interface with RS232C.
- Understand how to interface with 8255.
- Understand various application of 8051 Microcontroller
Very Large Scale integration technology, when especially used for digital integrated circuitdesign,is that it is mandatory the behaviour of the required system to be described (modelled) and verified(simulated) before synthesis tools translate the design into real hardware fabrication in the foundry(gates and wires). Hardware Description Language (HDL) allows designs to be described using any methodology - top down, bottom up or middle out. VHDL can be used to describe hardware at the gate level or in a more abstract way. This course is to introduce the digital system design concepts through hardware description Language, VHDL programming, design flow of VLSI, and architectures of CPLD and FPGA. It is mainly aimed at design of combinational and sequential functions at gate / behavioural level and simulates and verifies their functionality using the Hardware description Language (VHDL)
On successful completion of the course the students must be able to
- Understand device level implementation of digital gates.
- Understand the combinational circuit design and optimizing of the gate
- Design a combinational circuit for any custom made application
- Explain the building blocks for the combinational circuit
- Understand the VHDL code and circuit design process.
- Develop a VHDL code for any combinational circuit
- Answer the VHDL primitives and the importance of VHDL code in a digital circuit
- Design a digital circuit with Muxes and Encoders
- Understand the functionality of various flipflops through its excitation table.
- Design of a sequential circuit for any custom made application
- Explain the style of moore and mealy type machines
- Understand to implement VHDL code for various flipflops
- Design of sequential circuit and implementation with VHDL code
- Explain the importance of PROM, PLA, PAL and PLD
- Differentiate between the PROM,PLA and PAL.
- Develop the circuit using PROM,PAL and PLA.
- Understand the CPLD and FPGA hardware.
- Describe ASICs
Today, the growth of any industry depends upon electronics and communication. There is the need for digital techniques in each and every field. The reason behind the introduction of this subject is to impart technical excel hence in the field of digital communication by analyzing the various digital transmission methods, error control methods and understanding about the multiple access communication.
- To know the Basics of Digital Communication
- To study about the various types of signals
- To study about the data transmission
- To understand the Baseband system and sampling
- To learn about PCM waveform types
- To study about M-ary pulse modulation
- To learn about rationale for coding
- To learn about types of coding methods
- To study about various error control codes
- To know the Digital modulation techniques
- To learn about TDM frame structure
- To study about coherent detection of PSK, FSK
- To understand the Spread spectrum communication
- To study the Jamming consideration
- To study about CDMA Digital cellular system