Every Electronics Engineer should have sound knowledge about the components used in Electronics Industry. This is vital in R&D Department for chip level troubleshooting. To meet the industrial needs, diploma holders must be taught about the most fundamental subject, Electronic devices and Circuits. By studying this subject, they will be skilled in handling all types of electronic devices and able to apply the skill in electronics system.
On completion of the following units of syllabus contents, the students must be able to:
- Study the working principle of PN junction diode and transistor
- Understand the working principle of different types of rectifiers, different transistor configurations d differentiate various types of amplifiers
- Study the performance of special devices like UJT, FET
- Study the performance of different transistor oscillators
- Study the performance of SCR, DIAC, and TRIAC
- Study the performance and types of MOSFET
- Study the different modes of operations of MOSFET
- Know the construction and working principle of optoelectronic devices
- Study the performance of solar cell with principle and applications
- Explain the concept of wave shaping circuits
- Study the working principle of clippers and clampers
This subject enables the students with concepts of DC, AC circuits and fundamentals of Electrical Machines. The subject also deals with concepts, principles and working of analog and digital electronic measuring instruments. The introduction of this subject will enable the students to be well exposed to a wide area of various electronic measuring instruments and a thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of electrical circuits.
- To study ohm’s law and Kirchhoff’ s laws.
- To study the circuit theorems
- To learn about series and parallel Circuits.
- To learn various terms related to AC circuits.
- To understand concept of AC circuits
- To learn about series and parallel resonance circuits.
- To study about transformer and its working.
- To understand the working of DC machine.
- To know about Induction motors and stepper motor.
- To understand the basic measuring instruments.
- To learn about bridge circuits.
- To discuss about CRO and its types.
- To learn about transducers and its various types.
- To study about sensors.
- To know about test instruments.
C’ is the most widely used computer language, which is being taught as a core course. C is general purpose structural language that is powerful, efficient and compact, which combines features of high level language and low-level language. It is closer to both Man and Machine. Due to this inherent flexibility and tolerance it is suitable for different development environments. Due to these powerful features, C has not lost its importance and popularity in recently developed and advanced software industry. C can also be used for system level programming and it is still considered as first priority programming language. This course covers the basic concepts of C. This course will act as “Programming concept developer” for students. It will also act as “Backbone” for subjects like OOPS, Visual Basic, Windows Programming, JAVA etc.
At the end of the Course, the students will be able to
- Define Program, Algorithm and flow chart
- List down and Explain various program development steps
- Write down algorithm and flow chart for simple problems.
- Describe the concepts of Constants, Variables, Data types and operators.
- Develop programs using input and output operations.
- Understand the structure and usage of different looping and branching statements.
- Define arrays and string handling functions.
- Explain user-defined functions, structures and union.
- To understand the dynamic data structure and memory management.