- Electric circuit analysis is the process of finding the voltages across, and the currents through, every component in the network. There are many different techniques for calculating these values.
- This subject is course on the basics of Network Analysis, introduction to network elements and explained all the possible method for finding voltage and current across any network Component with DC, single phase AC and 3 phase ac sources.
- It aims at making the student conversant with different techniques of solving the problems in the field of Electric circuits and analysis.
The students should be able to:
- Explain the concept of electrostatics and capacitance effect and analyze different Circuit Elements, Energy Sources and analysis of Network by Kirchhoff’s Laws.
- Analyze the concept of Node and Mesh Analysis; analyze different theorems for dc circuits.
- Analyze single phase circuits using resistor, inductor & capacitor elements.
- Explain and analyze series and parallel resonant behavior of a circuit.
- Analysis of balanced three phase ac circuit and three phase power measurement
- This subject is classified under core technology group which intends to teach the facts, concepts, principles of electrical machines, such as DC generators, DC motors, single & three phase transformers and DC electrical source (battery).
- Student will be able to analyze the characteristics of DC generators and motors, Transformers, battery & Qualitative parameters of these static and dynamic machines. These machines are used in transmission, distribution and utilization systems.
- Knowledge gained by students will be helpful in study of technological subjects such as utilization of electrical energy, switchgear & protection, manufacturing processes & maintenance of electrical machines.
Students will be able to:
- Know the constructional details & working principles of dc machines and transformers.
- Evaluate the performance of dc generators, motors & transformers.
- Decide the suitability of dc generator, motor & transformer for particular purpose.
- Write the specifications of dc machines & transformers as per requirement.
- Know the constructional details, working principle, testing and capacity of battery